© Wellness with Aleyna 2022
Why Gut Health is important?
So, why the gut?
70% of our immunity is in the gut which plays a large role in protecting us from illness and disease. It’s involved in hormone regulation housing almost 60 hormones. It can control our weight, impact our energy levels and is involved in regulating blood sugar. It’s connected to our mental health, with 90% of serotonin being produced in our gut which helps to regulate memory, learning and mood. Its’ also physically connected to our brain by the vagus nerve – which explains why and how our gut health can have such a significant impact on our mood and mental health and how stress can impact our gut health.
The gut is filled with an entire ecosystem of bacteria:
- Firmicutes – thrive on a high fat diet
- Bacteroides – love a low-fat diet with fibre
- Proteobacteria – love protein and carbohydrates
- Diversity – having variety of species of bacteria in our gut
- Richness – how many bacteria genes you have
- Resilience – Both diversity and richness lead to resilience
BE YOUR BEST SELF
Swap fatigue, bloating and stubborn weight gain for revitalised energy, a healed gut and your ideal weight.
Book an obligation free discovery call for us to discuss how I may support you to move from your current state, to achieving your weight and wellness goals and living your unique wellness lifestyle.